ArtTable is a national 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that serves the professional lives of more than 1,200 members who are leaders in the visual arts professions nationwide. Through ongoing professional training, leadership development, and skill building programs, ArtTable helps to build women’s leadership at all stages of their careers.
ArtTable seeks a full-time professional. Reporting to the Executive Director, the National Chapter and Programs Manager will manage and oversee ArtTable’s New York and national programs, ensuring that there is a growing calendar of diverse programs (more than 150 a year) aimed at providing professional development, networking, special access and educational content to members and the arts community at large. The position is also responsible for providing support to volunteers in ArtTable’s regional chapters.
Chapter Management and Development: ational Chapters
- Oversee a series of volunteer committees to facilitate the implementation of programs in ArtTable’s regional chapters in New York, Washington D.C. Philadelphia, Southern California, Northern California, Northwest, Miami, and Chicago
- Jointly supervise local administrators in Washington D.C., Northern California, and Southern California
- Manage all program marketing, online registrations, attendee lists, and program planning logistics in cooperation with chapter leadership
- Provide clarity on chapter policies and procedures, communication of program details, marketing plans, event registration, and all event logistics
- Oversee chapter expenditures and manage chapter budgets
- Plan and manage all aspects of NY Programs, including day trips
National Program and Committee Management
- Oversee member access and benefits to national art fairs
- Staff liaison and administrator for the national committee of chapter leadership, the New York committee on programming, and the New York artist breakfast committe
- Bachelor's degree in Arts Administration, Art History, or related field required, and one to three years of experience in event planning and customer service within an organization; working experience in fundraising, sales, or a field that requires similar skills, highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to develop programs and manage volunteers. Excellent oral and written communications skills and superior telephone and email etiquette. Accurate data entry/word processing skills. Ability to interact with many types of people at different levels. Ability to work well under pressure, and determine priorities and produce results. Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work on a wide variety of tasks independently and in a team structure is required.
- Well organized, goal oriented, with superior attention to details.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced work environment. Demonstrated intermediate experience in use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint. Comfortable in learning and navigating online communities. Possessing working knowledge of membership databases a definite plus. Graphic design skills desirable.
To Apply: end cover letter and resume as one PDF with your full name in the document title to HR@arttable.org with the subject line: National Chapter and Programs Manager. No phone calls please. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Position available immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits offered.
ArtTable is an Equal Opportunity Employer.